Monday, March 2, 2009

Viva La Mexico




We are in Cancun and the current temperature is 78 degrees! I know you are all completely jealous and might even stop reading at this point to avoid feeling even more envious (I would if it were me.) I know some of you might consider blogging not a very fun thing to do on vacation, but I have a terrible memory and I wanted to jot some things down while they are fresh in my mind.
After an hour delay at the airport we finally were able to board the plane and head on our way. Olivia was extremely tired when we got on the plane so a bottle at take off put her right to sleep. Unfortunalety she only slept for about half an hour (not nearly as long as I thought she should/would.) She did pretty great on the flight with only a few "freak out" moments and luckily our flight was not very full.

Our room is great and I'm loving the all-inclusive set up here. The view from our room is great, we have a view of the pool and then just beyond the pool is the ocean.






We have enjoyed hanging out by the pool the past few days. Olivia loves to splash in the water. It seems like it takes forever to get her in her swim suit and lathered in sunscreen and then she's in the pool for about twenty minutes and after that she's ready for a nap.


Vacations are a lot less relaxing with her around, but they are definitely a lot more fun. Traveling with Olivia is a lot like traveling with a celebrity. I don't think they see many black kids in Mexico because everyone we see just carries on and on about her. They are constantly coming up and touching her hair and taking pictures with her.


She's been a pretty good vacationer despite gettin three new teeth right now. And after months of cruising around the house with her walker and only taking two steps here and there our baby is finally walking. She started cruising around on Thursday and ever since then she's been walking around like a drunk person all over the place. She still falls on her bum quite a bit, but she's getting the hang of it.
We are having a great time, I'll try and post more pics soon.

6 comments:

The Wheelers said...

Holy Cow, I am way jealous! AND you have an awesome tub in your room, how cool is that!? My kids would be in heaven. I'm glad you are having so much fun with your little cutie!!

The Hiller Family said...

Holy cow! I'm will be living vicariously through you until you return! I hope you don't mind! This would be the perfect time to go! JEALOUS!!!
Enjoy it as much as you can!! Hope it doesn't go by too quickly!

The Geddes Family said...

WOW the view from your room is AMAZING!

Karen and Adam said...

Yeah, jealous is a good word! :) Seriously, I hope you guys have such a blast! Enjoy the perfect warmness...when you get home, it's supposed to be freezing cold and snowing again. Argh! And hey, I LOVE that picture with Olivia in the sombrero!!!

halley said...

I can't believe she's walking!!

Bruce and Mitzi said...

I am so jealous, and so happy for you! I can't believe she's walking either. What a cutie pie!