Friday, October 17, 2008

Court Date


Yesterday Olivia officially became ours!! I wasn't sure what to expect, but everything seemed pretty standard and went pretty smoothly. Olivia was so loud during the whole thing. She wasn't sad, but she was squealing, and laughing and shouting. Our case was third on the docket and I was worried that the judge would stop the first two proceedings to ask me to try and keep her quiet.


Our hearing only lasted about 15 minutes. I was really surprised because the judge didn't ask us a single thing about Olivia and how we feel about her. He asked Dallas to describe his feelings for me and vice versa. There was an adoption before ours so I'd heard him ask this question of the other couple, so I thought I was prepared to answer it, but when it was my turn to talk about my feelings for Dallas I was nervous and choked up so I kinda just mumbled something sweet and short. The whole proceeding was recorded and they will give us a DVD of our hearing.


I'm so glad Olivia is officially ours. People kept asking us if we were excited for court, its nice that it is done and that everything is squared away, but she has been 100% part of our family since day one and nothing can ever change that. Thanks to everyone to came to court with us to support us and a special thank you to Bruce Richards for representing us pro bono, we couldn't have done this without you!

3 comments:

Bruce and Mitzi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so happy for you. Olivia looked so beautiful in her white dress today! You guys are such a darling family.

Maria said...

Yeah! Congratulations! That is so exciting.

Matty and Jen-i said...

Oh congrats! I am so happy for you guys!