Thursday, December 11, 2008

Martha's Competition?

Ok so Martha Stewart's job is secure, but I am kina proud at my latest attempt of being crafty. Every year a bunch of my family members and I attend the craft fair at the Washington Heights Baptist Church at the beginning of November. We saw these really cute stars up there this year and as I was about to buy one (for $38 I think) my sister said we could make them. She is the crafty one in the family so I knew she could, but I wasn't positive I could, but I let her talk me into it anyway.

So, the Saturday after Thanksgiving my sister and I went and bought our stars at Real Deals and then went to Robert's to get our scrapbook paper and glitter. The reason I don't like to do crafts is because if it doesn't look perfect then I get frustrated and give up. This project was pretty easy and not too time consuming. Here are some pictures of how it turned out. I still need to buy some ribbon to tie on the top and hang down.




Close up pic (so you can see the glitter)



Halley (my sis) had to give me lots of help and ended up doing some of it for me, but I'm still sorta proud of myself. I want to make another one after the first of the year that I can have up anytime of year. I also think a 4th of July one would be darling.

5 comments:

The Geddes Family said...

That is way cute! We should have you teach us how to do it for a girl's night or maybe next years super saterday!

halley said...

See you are crafty, you just needed a little encouragement!!!

Matty and Jen-i said...

That is so freakin' cute! I want one! By the way - Olivia is getting so big.. I can't believe it! She is such a doll!

Bruce and Mitzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce and Mitzi said...

I LOVE THAT!!! Martha Stewart should watch her back! You did an awesome job, and I agree...the fourth of July would be perfect too. So cute, Sarah!